Dogs are not only beloved companions, but they also have a unique ability to bring joy and happiness to our lives. In fact, numerous studies have shown that simply being around dogs can have a positive impact on our mental health, reducing stress and anxiety and increasing feelings of happiness and well-being.
Additionally, dogs have been proven to be the best therapy animals to help people with a wide range of health conditions, from autism to PTSD to depression. Their intuitive nature and unconditional love make them the perfect companions for those in need of emotional support.
So, as you sit down to color these delightful dog pages, take a moment to appreciate the special bond we share with these wonderful creatures and the joy they bring into our lives.
Now, let’s talk about some tips for a stress-free coloring experience.
- Before you get started, make sure to choose a well-lit and comfortable space to work in. It’s also important to select appropriate coloring pages and supplies, including the right coloring tools and paper.
- Since our coloring pages are very high quality, you’ll be able to print them on any surface your printer supports. You can use thicker paper as well as cardstock or even watercolor paper. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also print on paper that supports gouache or acrylic paint.
- We don’t advise you to paint with wet mediums (watercolors, gouache, inks) if you’re printing with an inkjet printer since the inks are dye-based and not resistant to water; on the other side, if you have a laser printer, then you’ll have nothing to worry about.
Take your time and remember to relax and have fun while you color – this is supposed to be a fun and therapeutic activity, so don’t stress and enjoy!
Now, let’s talk colors!
When it comes to coloring schemes for dogs, there are many different options depending on the breed, personality, and mood you want to convey. Here are some suggestions to help you get started:
- Golden dogs, such as retrievers, have a beautiful muted golden tone that can be complemented with other warm colors, such as deep reds, oranges, and yellows. This creates a cheerful and inviting color scheme that is perfect for a friendly and outgoing dog. Adding green to the background will create a contrasting effect that will make your dog’s colors pop.
- Black and white is a classic color scheme for dogs that creates a sleek and sophisticated look. Use black as the dominant color and white as an accent to create contrast and visual interest.
- Brindle dogs, such as greyhounds and boxers, have a unique coat pattern that combines stripes of different shades, such as brown and black or gray and white. This can be used to create a warm and earthy color scheme that feels natural and comforting.
- Dogs with spots, such as Dalmatians, can create a playful and fun color scheme. Use different shades of the same color to create a cohesive look, or mix and match different colors for a more eclectic feel.
- Solid gray dogs, such as Weimaraners, can create a sophisticated and elegant color scheme that is both classic and modern. Add accents of other colors, such as pink, teal, or blue, to create contrast and interest.
When it comes to choosing the right materials, there are a variety of options to consider. Colored pencils and markers are great for traditional coloring and fine detail work, while watercolor pencils allow for a more fluid and blended look. If you’re feeling adventurous, try using markers and gel pens to add bold and vibrant colors to your pages!
When it comes to choosing the right materials, there are a variety of options to consider, that’s why we’ve prepared a selection of recommended materials so you can enjoy your coloring journey even more. Although many say that having better supplies won’t make you a better artist, it for sure can improve your experience a lot!
Good art supplies will take away most of the frustration and lack of control bad art supplies have and will make your work look much better, with brighter, more intense colors, will last more, and are a delight to use.
Here is a list of recommended materials and brands:
Everybody knows that there is nothing better than Prismacolor, they have the softest coloring pencils, the most intense pigments, and the highest quality, however, they are quite expensive as well. Because of that, we’ve prepared two alternatives that will give you the best results without hurting your pockets as professional colored pencils would.
Paper for Coloring
You don’t need special paper for coloring, however the experience of coloring on paper that is more resistant, that has texture or that grand the pigments better is something I suggest you try. There are many types of paper for art, each one made with a specific medium in mind, however, there is also an “all-in-one” paper where you can try different mediums and experiment all you want without worrying. These two brands have great quality and are not as expensive as other professional brands. Remember, if you are going to use any kind of “wet” medium, make sure you’re printing with a laser printer.
Coloring on top of white paper can affect how our brain perceives values and colors, so it’s always recommended to try toned paper. The gray tones on the paper will give your brain a base that is neutral and will force it to work with colors differently. You will learn about value and your coloring pages will look amazing with a darker background.
We couldn’t forget about all the accessories you need to bring your coloring to the next level! You don’t have to buy them all, of course, however, we do recommend you get the color blender and the electric eraser or the electric sharpener if you don’t have a good sharpener at home.
Colored pencils and markers are great for traditional coloring and fine detail work, while watercolor pencils allow for a more fluid and blended look. If you’re feeling adventurous, try using markers and gel pens to add bold and vibrant colors to your pages.
And remember, with the right color palettes and supplies, you can bring your coloring pages to life. So grab your coloring tools and get started today!